My Old Home

Saturday, March 18, 2006

My Old Home


















Iran is my old home, and the old home of so many people living here.
Every old home is expected that would be collapsed in someday, whether its inhabitants would be survived or be buried under it.
Everything is indicative a big earthquake. The more we study newspapers, and the more we become award of economic, political, security situation of the country, the more we see fearful ghost of the bad days which are coming toward us.
The most disastrous thing is the war. The war which, as it were, is unavoidable for all of us.
According to Hegel, every country's destiny is made up by its volksgeist.
Ernst Cassirer says: "it is not by its history that the mythology of a nation is determined but, conversely, its history is determined by its mythology – or rather, the mythology of a people does not determine but is its fate, its destiny as decreed from the very beginning."
I am a typical Persian person in terms of my awareness of my country's culture. I know its mythology, its religion, its language and its literature. I like to find relations between what are about to happen, and what is our volksgeist.
Then, I intend to make this notepad as a chronology of the events with my comments. These comments, would be written by a Persian who likes his country with all its past, however, likes his country's future too. And the latter, give me courage to keep a critical approach about our past. And it is expected from a student of philosophy too.
I live in Tehran now because of my University and I will try to make my web log updated once a week regularly.

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I hope everything works out. Iran's got such a beautiful, yet complex history.

Take care.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't speak english!:D
agha mobarake!:)

3:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy Tyrrel said...

Friend Nima, Thank you for your interesting blog. Will follow it with interest.

In Peace.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home